Helpful resources on swelling during pregnancy:
Edema During Pregnancy (Swollen Ankles and Feet) | What to Expect
Puffy Feet, Swollen Hands | Fit Pregnancy
Swelling During Pregnancy | American Pregnancy Association
Swollen Feet, Ankles, and Hands (Edema) During Pregnancy | Baby Center
When to Worry About Swelling During Pregnancy | Today’s Parent
For those who have venous insufficiency, like myself:
Treating Varicose Veins Naturally During Pregnancy | American Pregnancy Association
Varicose Veins and Pregnancy | Mayo Clinic
Varicose Veins During Pregnancy | Baby Center
Articles from My Doctors:
Supporting Your Veins When Pregnant | Vascular Vein Centers
Vein Disease Causes and Risk Factors | American Vein & Vascular Institute
Who Should Wear Compression? | American Vein & Vascular Institute
- Avoid long periods of standing or sitting.
- Kick up your feet.
- Sleep on your side.
- Move it.
- Avoid tight elastic-top socks or stockings.
- Wear comfy shoes.
- Try support hose.
- Drink lots of water.
- Don’t go crazy with the salt shaker.
- Don’t cross your legs or ankles while sitting.
- Stretch your legs frequently when siting.
- Rest or swim in a pool.
- Use cold compresses on swollen areas.