Dry feet are never fun, and this is something I’m newly becoming acquainted with due to now living in an environment with a high lack of moisture (I never had this problem in the high humidity state of Florida). I tried the following remedy, and already my feet look like new!
- Soak your feet in soapy water for around 15 minutes (some sources say 30 to 45 minutes), and then scrub your feet with a pumice stone.
- Wash your feet and dry them.
- Apply the oil (olive, vegetable, sesame, or coconut; I used coconut) liberally on your heels and soles.
- Put on a pair of clean socks and leave them on overnight.
What are some other ways you can take care of your feet? Wash them carefully and regularly when in the shower, soak your feet with warm water and little liquid soap, moisturize your feet after washing, alternate the shoes you wear each day, and make sure your shoes have arch support. Also, try massaging your feet daily with motions towards the heart.
How often should you soak your feet? At least a few times a week.
- Home Remedies for Cracked Heels (Top 10 Home Remedies)
- 9+ Incredible Home Remedies for Cracked Heels (Simple Household Tips)
- 8 Ways to Treat Your Feet Right (Healthy Women)
- Why You Should Treat Your Feet The Way You Treat Your Face (The Huffington Post)