A list of my favorite products and links for personal finances.
- Getting Started | Organizing Documents | Finding a Tax Preparer | The Accounting Appointment for our Tax Return | Our 2015 Tax Outline
- For those work from home, receive a 1099, and live in a state which requires state income tax. What to do: pay estimated quarterly taxes, budget for an accountant, keep an itemized spreadsheet to include all deductible expenses (giving, education, home office, travel) and keep records and proof of all expenses, set aside 25% of every paycheck received under a 1099.
- Estimated Quarterly Taxes Due Dates: April 18th, June 15th, September 15th 2016, and January 17th, 2017
Monthly Finance To Do’s:
- Hold a family budget meeting
- Update your expense spreadsheet for tax purposes
Quarterly Finance To Do’s:
- Mail estimated tax payments (an accountant can help you determine the estimate, and give you payment stubs). Due date are April 18th, June 15th, September 15th 2016, and January 17th, 2017. Make sure they’re postmarked by these dates at the latest.
Yearly Finance To Do’s:
- Configure and pay your federal taxes (if needed, make an accounting appointment for help)
From Time-to-Time Finance To Do’s:
- Order more checks (stay up to date on your stock)
- Renew your debit card (your bank should automatically send you a new card in the mail, but nonetheless, keep an eye on that expiration date!)